Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happy!

Dear Internet,

You know how I've been bitching and complaining about not getting my owed bonus from the summer?

I FINALLY RECEIVED IT LAST WEEK! I was so pumped I went shopping. Now I have a cute dress for a semi-formal dance Steven and I are attending on Saturday! I'm excited.

The past two-ish weeks have been really awesome for me. Even though I've spent a LOT of money (the most wonderful time of the year?) I don't feel horribly guilty and poor like I usually do after large expenses. In fact, I might actually go out and purchase those running shoes I've been meaning to purchase since June so that I can actually get going on a healthier lifestyle for myself. Lazy me, though, keeps thinking, "You know what that would be good for? A New Year's resolution. We should put it off 'til them. Plus, you know, exams are coming up and it's a busy time..." etc. So we'll see what comes of that.

So last week, two of my siblings and my mother were visiting for a few days. They claim their main purpose in the area was visiting universities: a clever sham so they didn't have to admit they missed me so horribly they just had to make the 10-hour drive. My mother (the best one in the world, don't you know) took Steven and I out to dinner (with my siblings, of course) to a nice restaurant in the area to celebrate Steven's birthday. It was a wonderfully good time, and now I am looking forward even more to going home for Christmas! I'm looking forward to it so much that I conveniently forget about those exam things I have between now and then.

At the moment, I am honestly not worried about my exams at all. I'm sure that this will come back to bite me in the ass, but it just doesn't feel like it's exam time. Last day of classes on Monday? Pffft no way, the term just started! It's gone by so quickly it's ridiculous. It feels like just yesterday I was naively stepping into my classes, thinking "I am going to dominate this term." That mindset, however naive it may be, probably caused my domination by this term to be minimized somewhat. It's weird to think that so much knowledge has been stuffed into my brain over such a short period of time. Sitting in front of the exams will probably make me feel that not quite enough knowledge was stuffed into my brain, however...

Overall: I am happy!

Sincerely,

Caro

No comments: