Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Way It Is.

Dear Boston,

Once upon a time, I lived close to you. Close enough, and for long enough, that I tell people that you are my home town. So, you are approximately my home.

This was a tough week.

There have been times this week when I was devastated and times when I was fine.

For me, it's awkward. On the one hand, I don't know a lot of people in the city. On the other hand, I identify as approximately-Bostonian.

Where does this put me?

I don't know.

What I do know...I will remember the moment my sister asked me, on the 15th, "did you hear about what's happened at the marathon?" I will remember how I woke up at 1am on the 19th and randomly decided to check my messages, only to find a message from a friend about the apprehension of the marathon bombing suspects (which, at the time, was "only" a shooting at MIT).

Perhaps we will figure out why it all happened, but probably not.

Maybe we'll wonder forever.

No comments: