Monday, July 5, 2010

Introduction

Dear Internet,

It seems as though I have come to a very important yet probably uninteresting point in my life: the point at which real cynicism kicks in and I realize just how twisted and crazy this world is. I may be a little bit over-dramatic, as I think I often tend to be, but that's just how it is, I guess. So, the obvious thing to do for me was to start a blog. Not that I don't already have one, I was pretty well a fanatic back in the earlier 2000's, however, I think it's time I stepped out of my old blog (started almost 6 years ago - that's an eternity to you, eh?) and into a new one.

A lot has changed since I first started blogging as a wee middle school-er back in 2004. Blogdrive informs me that my first ever blog post, titled "Amusing Yet Irellevant [sic] Facts," was published on November 23rd, 2004, at approximately 5:00 pm, EST. Not that you care, dearest Internet; time passes quickly for you and what has been a little less than six years for me seems like an eternity to you. But looking at these old entries from when I was just a silly girl of 14 reminds me of looking at my diary...just without so many constant proclamations of love for random boys whom I would set my heart on as the years went by. I've often thought in amusement that if I were to ever write an autobiography, the most accurate tracking of various stages of my life would be by the boys I had crushes on.

However, I digress. It is with pleasure, Internet, that I invite you to read my letters to you, as I comment on things going on in my life with the unique perspective of one who has only recently begun to appreciate life for what it may or may not really be. As Stephen King has written about the age of nineteen (for I do love Stephen King, no matter how lacking his works supposedly are in terms of real literary relevance), "...that's a pretty fine age. Maybe the best age. You can rock and roll all night, but when the music dies out and the beer wears off, you're able to think. And dream big dreams." And I do enjoy dreaming my big dreams, even if my rocking and rolling all night is a little bit non-existent.

Anyways, Internet, allow me to say that my name is Caro, and I hope you enjoy these little letters I'll be writing to you.

Sincerely,
Caro

No comments: